1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
kevmcm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy need a little help

hey guys, i need a little help. i am not that great with mechanics. i bought a 1995 dodge dakota v6, 3.9l. i seem to be loosing transmission fluid quick and i just keep topping it up. i've crawled under it and all i can see is a line going into the transmission with a big nut or some connection, and it seems like the fluid is leaking or seaping out there. although i never see any spots on the ground when i drive away or anything? if anyone knows what part or line or nut i need to replace it would be greatly apprecated. if you could post a link to a site to the part i would need that would be awsome! and if you need anymore info on anything let me know. i could post pics if needed. i would like to fix this myself without going to a mechanic. thanks all!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like maybe a bad fuild cooler line. You should try to tighten up the connector. It may just be loose. Or if you need to replace it go to www.napaonline.com and search for it.