1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

dakota fuel issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 03:53 PM
OSJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dakota fuel issues

hey guys, i have searched and serched. i am comining up with a code 27. it is a 91 dakota with the v8 and auto tranny.
it was also coming up with a code 12, but i replaced the temp sensor and and that code is gone.
i was driving down the highway the other day and it wanted to die. it was running very ****ty. if i slowed down it would die and would be very hard to start. on the side of the road, it finanly died and would not start. i unplugged the plug for the injectors and it fired up wich made me believe that it was flooding itself. i could then plug them back in and it would run and then die. so i unplugged the temp sensor and it started in a sort of limp mode. i drove it home like that with not very much power.

so with the temp sensor replaced, it is still running ****ty. code 27 is Injector control circuit ? where do i go from here? there are only 2 injectors. both of them click when using a screwdriver to hear them and only the driver side one is spraying fuel.
is it a bad injector? thought maybe only one works at idle?
any help would be great.
thanks
Jay

Old 07-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Replace the injector that is not spraying fuel. Or it may just have a clog.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:52 PM
OSJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is not the injector. if i unplug the injector that is spraying and plug it ont he other side it sprays as well. so it is the harness that is making it not spray. there is power to both caps.
maybe only one runs when it is at idle and then under load at a certain rmp the other kicks in?
not sure.

Quick Reply: dakota fuel issues