1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Little update

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Gummer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little update

So, i dont post here much... dont drive the old girl alot anymore... But I went under her today to crank the torsions, and what to I find... The crosser that the torsions run to was almost ripped out of the truck! the bottom 4 corners where cracked an inch up on each corner and the frame on the driverside was cracked along the bottom and up about an inch!

busted out the welder and layed the bead to her, haha.. its not because I beat it at all, no way. *cough* likepullingtransports/combines/andeveryothermakeoftruck*cough*

Oh. yeah... sunk it to the front bumper in muddy **** last weekend..

it has always had this issue... but my buddy was winching me super slow through it... truck was running. as soon as the front bumper went under, it stalled.... pulled it out backwards, as soon as the bumper came out, fired back up.... It puzzles me, anyone have any thoughts?

Ah, its good to be back

Chad

Old 09-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Dang that sucks! Was the crossmember all bent up too?

Mine was, before I got the skid plates, I guess I hit it on some things while offroading.
I left it for a good year or so. Last week I decided to fix it. I had to drill some holes and hookup a chain to it, and drive it back against a tree. I got it back to shape then added a bolt with a spacer in it to hold it in its shape. The skid plate covers it so I'll defiantly be safe for the next trip.

Where are the pictures? Of the fix and the offroading trips.

Last edited by Crazy4x4RT; 09-12-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Little update