1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Logan"s dakota build>>>>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 08:05 AM
logancounterman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kikazzdakota
yo did u check clearance for those headers cause i can tell ya rite now u mite need to modify for the frame rails once again like every body else count your self as lucky to have something that awesome to work on i had a honda at 15 thats it lol
Thanks i'll look into it but i think i read somewhere that there the same as the stock manafoilds and thats not the one i buying i just found it to put it up. Thanks again. i got the parts truck for free and the one i working on for 350. so it was really worth it and i love the frist gen dakotas.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:10 AM
logancounterman
Veteran

Originally Posted by 89newbie
LOL as I scanned your pics the rear shot runs into the engine shot and at first glance it looks as if the engine is in the bed. Showed it to my wife and she saw it that way also. We think you have a pretty good truck there for a starter and your 15. Rock on dude and keep the pics coming.
haha yea that would be really coool. thanks i love my truck and i'm doing what i like. i will keep everyone updated. thanks again

Old 10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
logancounterman
Veteran

Ok running low on money for my truck and need to sell the parts i don't need. I'm not sure if i can post this here. ok the main thing i need to sell is the black window slats. I don't know much about it but i looks awesome on the truck but money needed to finish my truck. i am open to all offers. Message me with a offer but i will say 100$ but if anyone knows it not worst that please message me i would also be ok with trades.

Name:  Picture_545.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  53.2 KB

ok next is my parts truck which this means anything on my 1993 dakota with 3.9 five speed 4x4 parts truck. just let me know what you need and what you would pay.
Name:  Picture176-1.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  180.8 KB

Old 10-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It is okay if you make a new post for the selling items and don't forget to say where you live. And post up in the classified section on this site. And post up on www.craigslist.org and www.ebay.com

Old 11-11-2010, 06:50 PM
logancounterman
Veteran

OK UPDATE TIME

I got a rear and front dana 44 axles with 3.071 gear well thatts after my math but big gear is 43 and little gear is 14 so if somone can figer that out that would be great.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You just divide 43 by 14. And your answer was right. 3.071. If you haven't double and triple check the tooth count. Some rings will have the ratio stamped on the side.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:46 AM
logancounterman
Veteran
Default Update

Hey

I,ve been busy with schhol and next week i have my finials but i still have some good news and new things i've done.

Frist i sandblasted my dana 44 and Am looking for 3.50 or 4.10 gears for it. Not much change on the truck but i am getting little ponds in my back sett. but i think i can fix that.

NOW some bad and awesome news

OK frist the bad news. will my dakote build will be slowed down for a week or more because my dad hasn't got a paycheck in 4 week. BUt chrismas was good i got a **** load of tools and stuff. .

but i think my dad and his job was for the good because now he went to go talk with his old boss and they got talking and now they are working on opening a tire and garage shop over in effort,pa. ITs the coolest place i have seen. If it all works out i will get pics of the place. theres and big garage door in the back of the building and there will be two big lifts in there and then you go throw a little garage door from there and you can but little lifts for changing tires but i will take pics later. but my dad said to me that i can do the sas swap on my dakota there so i don't have to use the ground.. SO i should have a update soon but time should tell.
heres somepicture of the axles.
Name:  030-1.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  189.7 KB
:icon _headbang:

Old 01-16-2011, 09:49 AM
dobaroy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope all goes as planned for your Dad, sounds like an excellent place to do your swap.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:30 PM
logancounterman
Veteran

thanks hope it does we could really use a new start.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:12 AM
logancounterman
Veteran
Default update

update coming this afternoon just have to upload pictures

well summer is coming here in the poconos. so i started working on m truck again,

i ended up selling my axles for other parts on this truck. right now its raining outside. not really lol. rains crap. i ended up removing the bed and sand blasting the frame this week end. wow talk abot rust. but wasn't to bad. but if you own and dakota check your frame on the.

left frame rail where the front of the rear leaf monut is ///by the fuel tank.

check inside the frame and outside. also check arond the trailer hatch. also check the back cross member. and the one arond the fuel tank. those were my main place that worried me. but now my frame looks brand new.

pictures in a little.

i almost am sad i sold my axles crazy4x4rt made it look easy,,,,,, may have to buy another set when my truck is running and driving

Quick Reply: Logan"s dakota build>>>>>>>