1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Logan"s dakota build>>>>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:06 AM
InnerCityHillBilly
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i wish i could do what your doin, im plannin on fixin it all up when it brakes and rebuildin the engine. I wish i had some of the resources you do, good luck with the build

Old 03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
logancounterman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by InnerCityHillBilly
man i wish i could do what your doin, im plannin on fixin it all up when it brakes and rebuildin the engine. I wish i had some of the resources you do, good luck with the build

Thanks man yea i am starting from grond up really. yea i guess its good when your dad know everyone in town.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:45 AM
InnerCityHillBilly
Veteran

i have some resources but i have to drive 2 plus hours to get to the places so its hard to get to, and i do all my work up at my grandparents house, the good thing is the town they live in is a big racing town so theres a ton of people they know

Old 03-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by logancounterman
update coming this afternoon just have to upload pictures

well summer is coming here in the poconos. so i started working on m truck again,

i ended up selling my axles for other parts on this truck. r

i almost am sad i sold my axles crazy4x4rt made it look easy,,,,,, may have to buy another set when my truck is running and driving

That sucks! I was hoping to have another project to take notes ect from.

LOL! It is fun. Somewhat easy with all the resources we have on the internet to follow. But taking to long just a few hours every few days.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 PM
logancounterman
Veteran
Default i can finish it.

well i can finish and have the money saved up to do it but my baby is now up for sale. I'm only a kid and its hard for me to have to change modifiy, make things to make this truck the way i want it. and nothing for nothing. a chevy is way cheap for me to just start out with a truck.....

so with that said it is for sale with as a stock truck that needs a motor and trans. comes with both but need rebuild..... looking to sell it for 500$ its a really great deal. i just finished rebuilding the frame.

i also have a set of 32 inch tires and alloy wheels. that can go with it for a extra 250$ obo

i even have the engine that i was going to put in this dakota for 300$

is a jasper rebuilt engine with very low miles comes with street master 4 barrel intake and for a little more will inculed holly 650 carb.

if anyone knows anyone looking for a great summer project i can work a better deal on everthing. need this gone so i can buy a different truck. or i will trade everthing listed for a chevy 73-87 truck.

sorry to let you guys down i really want to finish it but i don't want to finish it to just turn around and selll it.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:44 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker

hopefully you get what you want out of it...if i wasn't to far away i'd buy it off ya.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:05 AM
InnerCityHillBilly
Veteran

i know how you feel, i have school all year round and have barley anytime to even work on my truck let alone rebuild it, unless its over a year or two

Old 04-21-2011, 08:11 PM
logancounterman
Veteran

well after tons of thinking i will be finishing this truck. For what what i will be doing with my truck its a perfect fit. Once my truck is done i will be starting. a lawncare co.. LLC LAWNCARE...... Yes i know.....dude your only 15 years old... well i have been running back-hoes and mowing yards since i was about 6. Well once i get it going i will make it more landscaping then lawncare.... also if anyone wants to see what i'll building by my shelf let me know i'll post pictures...,,, its a patio pretty cool so far.. ok so on to the build i am now rebuilding the engine. With 160,000 on the clock.. i am just going to get a re-ring kit....

heads completly rebuild.. and so on. all done by me just on know frist piston that came out my dad did then i did the others.. frist lifter then i did the rest..
new pictures on engine later engines up on stand now.....
ooo and finished up the frame....:icon_clapc lap:

ok on to pictures...
Name:  062-1.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  214.5 KB

Name:  061-1.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  244.3 KB
Name:  060.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  59.6 KB
Name:  064.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  301.2 KB
Name:  065.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  177.1 KB

Name:  066.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  151.7 KB
Name:  067-1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  114.7 KB

Make sure you clean your frame up or this will happen....
This is the frame on the parts truck which i sold to a great kid in readers that is going to fix the frame and use it in a junp truck comp..

Name:  015.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  68.2 KB

Name:  010-1.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  66.3 KB
Name:  054.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  60.0 KB

Old 04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
siggie30
Captain

Wow, I see exhaust seat seals in your future, and is that exhaust seat cracked? Sorry about the tetanus.....

Old 04-22-2011, 06:24 PM
logancounterman
Veteran

what......... i am rebuilding the heads completely they were just still there.. yes its a crack but i am rebuilding them..... whats that last t word you posted to mean....

Quick Reply: Logan"s dakota build>>>>>>>