1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Logan"s dakota build>>>>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 06:35 PM
siggie30
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tetanus.... for the rust (a rusty nail grows extra tetanus). As far as the head, are you going to bake and weld it? I think it would be cheaper to replace.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:38 PM
logancounterman
Veteran
Talking

[quote=siggie30;2486835]Tetanus.... for the rust (a rusty nail grows extra tetanus). As far as the head, are you going to bake and weld it? I think it would be cheaper to replace.[/quote

ooo yea well no more rust i cleaned her all up today i'll post pictures tomarrow if i can..... happy easter/////// ooo well we pulled all them off by hand.... but i'll talk to my dad in a little. does the seal come out of the medal cup like thing..... lol sorry not sure on real name..

Old 04-23-2011, 07:49 PM
logancounterman
Veteran

ooooooo wait i talked to my dad. he said that would be if we were changing the valve guide.... which we are not going to do. he said it does not need that.... i trust my dad hes rebuild tons and tons of engines.Its sad to say but he has been rebuild engine since his dad deid and that was when he was 10... And then had a drag car at 12.. he said it was funny when older poeple walked up to him at the track to ask a kid what he did to make a car run so well. i have to say i wish i meat my grandpa because if he anything like my dad he gotta really cool..

Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
siggie30
Captain

Are you referring to the spring seats and the valve seals? If so, yes the seal is pulled off vertically. There is a tool for removing them, but one can use a pair of pliers if your not reusing them (some people reuse the intake seals).

Quick Reply: Logan"s dakota build>>>>>>>