1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 02:43 PM
veejr
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 fuel pump

My truck runs great when it runs. The issue is that it either runs great or not at all. Seems like the fuel pump is the problem. I resoldered the 3 wire connection under the distribution box inside the left fender. It still only works part time. I've rearranged the relays with no change. My plan now is to run a seperate relay switched to the fuel pump. This issue has sidelined it so long I now have a brakeline to replace as well.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Okay good luck. It could be anything.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:35 AM
issakar
Captain

Did you try doing the stuff I PM'd you about? with the jumper wire and the voltage readings and such?

Old 10-16-2010, 10:09 PM
csam
Amateur

I just did the fuel pump on my '92. I found the best price for a new on on Amazon, I want to say it was $120, anyway it was a good bit cheaper for the same Airtex that I would have gotten at Advance or Autozone, etc.

Be carefull 'cause you have to swap over the fitting on the top of the pump for the fuel return and the filler neck vent hose. I broke mine and had to go through two more junkyard pumps to get one out and in the new pump without braking it.

Let me know if you want a good used fuel pump, I have two and you can have them free O charge, as I only needed the one fitting on the top.

Quick Reply: 93 fuel pump