1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 10:15 PM
buick
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default New Guy

New to the forums, have had my 92 Dak for a few years now. Best friend bought it @ 190k a while back, gave to me as a wedding present @ 209k, and she's still kickin' @ 241k.

Wish I had before pics. Red paint was peeling very badly, was not a pretty truck.

Here is a progression of the work since:

Post-white rustoleum, all gussied up for the Ugly Car Show near Philly (about 2 years ago) As a joke, we gave her some cardboard ground effects, and a wooden spoiler. Fast and furious.
New Guy-97xpwl.jpg

Post-green stripe, Post- deer inspired grill, featuring autographed hood.

New Guy-vadfsl.jpg

pre- next painting. I had been priming the scratches and gouges for a while, she was getting pretty rough.

New Guy-xysg4l.jpg

Post-second rustoleum paint job. Finally got the grill fixed up right as well.
New Guy-pbsyvl.jpg

Put a bunch of work in on her this week. Shocks all around, re-bent the leaf springs and added another leaf. New rotors, pads, master cylinder, parking brake cable. Heavy flush on the coolant to get the heater core cleared and working. New cheapie tires. Looking and running great. Back end is jacked up a lil high now, I'll post some pics of the new work tomorrow.

All in all, a great, reliable little work truck.

Last edited by buick; 10-16-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Now that looks way better than before. Looks like you could use some clear turns and corners.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:23 PM
buick
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
Now that looks way better than before. Looks like you could use some clear turns and corners.

Yeah, I still need to get the other headlight replaced. Deer took out the one, replaced with new, now the other stand out real bad. New one way outshines the old at nighttime too. Will probably do that with the next bit of money I can throw at it. Not too worried about the turns and corner reflectors though. She's a work truck, she takes a beating. Just needs to look good from house to street.

Where did you get the bambi basher for your truck? I'd like to get one for mine as well, been thinking about having a friend custom weld me one from angle iron.

Last edited by buick; 10-16-2010 at 10:26 PM.