1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Clutch!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 06:55 PM
will4557
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch!!

I had my clutch changed less than a year ago. Now my clutch release/throwout bearing is already making a noise when the clutch is depressed(mostly when its cold). After it is warmed up it dosnt do it. I was going to replace it on my own and was wondering what all I have to remove to get the job done? Im pretty sure that after I remove the rear drive shaft and unhook the front drive shaft, take all the bolts out and everything I will be able to slide it back instead of dropping the tranny and t-case. I was told that I will have to remove one torsion bar, oil filter and probably my exhaust to get to everything to slide it back. Any help will be greatly appreciated and taken into consideration. Thanks Will...

Old 10-16-2010, 11:09 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i did mine i just found it easier to drop the transmission and work on it that way.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:24 PM
will4557
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I was thinking that but I have a 4x4. I don't know if it will be easier with the T-case on there. If I can get away with it I don't want to separate the transmission and t-case. I guess I could drop them both out together. I know that I will have to drop a torsion bar and my exhaust if I drop them out and work on it. I am gonna have to look at it closer to see if I can move them back without dropping my exhaust. I have put dual exhaust on there and I cant remember how they ran it. Im hoping it isnt crossed under the tranny anywhere and just ran down the side.

Quick Reply: Clutch!!