1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Back on the road

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 05:54 PM
DAKOTAJIM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Back on the road

well i just picked up my truck from the repair shop today. I had to have the oil pump replaced and motor flushed due to sludge buildup. I really learned my lesson about changing the oil sooner than later. I was lucky that it only cost just over $400 as my landlord won't let me work on my truck on the property. I can get away with minor repairs but nothing major. The bad news is the mech. Said my motor mounts have dry rotted and need to be replaced. My manual leads me to believe its a easy repair so i will attempt it soon. My radio is still not working even though i have power to the plug. Anybody know how i can test radio to see if its bad? How many volts should i be seeing at the plug? Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Old 11-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Cool! I'm glad you got it back.

As far as the motor mount replacement. It is not to bad, but the only thing will be you have to pick up the engine to swap them in and out. So a cherry picker is best. But you can do it with a floor jack and a 2x4 and find a lift spot on the bottom side of the engine (Not the oil pan). But it can be unsafe. So its up to you if you want to do it.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:09 PM
DAKOTAJIM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks crazy 4x4rt

I THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE AS I HAD PLANNED TO USE A FLOOR JACK W/2X4 ON THE OIL PAN TO RAISE THE MOTOR. THE ONLY OTHER THING IS MY HAINES MANUAL DOESN'T GIVE A TORQUE AMOUNT FOR THE BOLTS. I REALLY APPRECIATE THE REPLY AS NO ONE ELSE HAS RESPONDED. I GUESS AS FAR AS THE RADIO GOES I'LL JUST GET AN AFTERMARKET OR TRY A U-PICK JUNKYARD . THANKS AGAIN

Quick Reply: Back on the road