1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

My big box

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:23 PM
swapdip
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My big box

Well, unfortunately I just sold my Dakota to buy a Mazda pickup. It was my neighbors truck that I always really liked, he told me he was considering selling it and wanted me to have first crack at it, so I sold my truck to buy it. I ended up selling my 92 Dakota 2.5 2wd stick shift with 178,000 miles for $1500, and I gave all the money to my neighbor, and got a 92 Mazda B2600 4x4 stick shift with 107,000, small lift and 31 inch BFGs. True I will miss the Dakota, but I definitely consider it an upgrade.

Anyways, I have a big box of Dakota parts that the new owner didn't want, for some reason. To the best of my knowledge everything in it is in working order. Ideally I would like to just box the whole thing up and send it to someone, but I will sell out individual parts if you want. Just trying to put together a little money to get the title transferred, so if anyone could use this stuff, let me know. Here is what I have:

EGR
IAC
TPS
SMEC for 2.5L
Dist cap, rotor, Hall effect sensor
Coil
1 hub cap
windshield wiper gear
coil-to-distributor wire
coil plug with wire for a tach input
1 rear brake cylinder
injector cap
4x4 **** (don't ask me why I have this)
a bunch of relays and 20-60 amp fuses
a couple ***** for interior door locks

Well thats it, shoot me an offer for this stuff and it is yours. Like I said to the best of my knowledge everything here works well, most of the sensors and the SMEC I stole from the junkyard, trying to address a running problem a while back. So this stuff isn't new, but it could be a great bunch of spare parts for someone.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice, especially the moderators, and you guys take it easy.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Post up some pics of the new ride!

If you haven't already post this up in the classified section on this site as well as www.craigslist.org and www.ebay.com

Old 01-02-2011, 01:28 PM
swapdip
Rookie

Here it is, pretty good truck. Anyone want these parts?

Attached Thumbnails My big box-mazda.jpg  
Old 01-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Applehugger
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was an excellent trade. Those Mazda's were actually badge engineered as a Ram 50 for a while as well. Very reliable trucks.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:37 PM
jnjinfla
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually the Ram 50 was a rebadged Mitsubishi Mighty Max. The Mazda B-Series trucks actually spawned the Ford Courier and later the Ford Ranger. The 2600 is a Mitsubishi motor that is pretty reliable. I always liked the B-Series as a rugged little truck. Yours looks like it fits that perfectly!

Old 01-02-2011, 07:47 PM
swapdip
Rookie

Thanks guys yeah its a buzzy little truck, I think its a little lighter than my Dakota and it has about 20 extra hp. I really dig it, the engine is a lot less accessible than my Dakota to work on, but its a total blast to drive.

Im glad I got one that was actually made in Japan, rather than the 94 models which were after the Ford takeover. Ive heard conflicting opinions on the quality control that Ford introduced to Mazda at that time, and regardless of whether it was a benefit or hindrance to the Mazda line, I'm just as happy with the old Japanese engineering. My wife drives a 92 Mazda 323 that is an awesome car, we have taken it across the country a couple times and it gets a solid 36mpg, so hopefully this truck will last me quite a while. I still plan to lurk around here for a little while tho, I learned a lot about mechanics from my Dakota so hopefully I'll still have two cents to throw into the mix every now and again.