1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Catalytic Converter Placement

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:58 PM
ne14t
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it burn a lot cleaner then 90% of all the diesels in this area

I am still gunna follow the book though, I like things being legit, plus it gets me through emissions for 2 years so its not like the $200 to put a new converter in will kill me that much, just set me back a month on getting 33's

Old 01-21-2011, 12:48 AM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by PhillyLee
Thats the best thing to do. Whenever you get pulled over, that'll be one less thing you'll have to worry about
Im off the thread here but I Just love the comment, "Whenever you get pulled over", I guess its all over the place. I just put em on Iggy as they stare hunting for something to stop me for. If they turn on the Walley World blue light special lights I stop. I know this is disrespectful however I now live in an area that the qualifications for a badge are be able to breathe, and to eat a bakers dozen at one time. It didn't use to be this way.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:09 AM
melodytoinvent
Captain

Originally Posted by 89newbie
I now live in an area that the qualifications for a badge are be able to breathe, and to eat a bakers dozen at one time. It didn't use to be this way.
Same here, man...same here.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:30 AM
PhillyLee

Originally Posted by 89newbie
Im off the thread here but I Just love the comment, "Whenever you get pulled over", I guess its all over the place. I just put em on Iggy as they stare hunting for something to stop me for. If they turn on the Walley World blue light special lights I stop. I know this is disrespectful however I now live in an area that the qualifications for a badge are be able to breathe, and to eat a bakers dozen at one time. It didn't use to be this way.
I live in Philly, so just having a pickup truck, I already stand out. Plus they pull you over for anything around here! Here's a story of when I got pulled over last week....

I was driving down the street and a cop passes me. I look at him as he goes by. He immediately turns around and pulls me over. He comes up to the truck and I don't let hem get a word out and say, "Why did you pull me over?" He replies, " You looked suspicious when you drove passed me the way you looked at me." So I said, " Hmmm, now your pulling people over because of the way they look, i think that's illegal. And my face must have looked like what i was thinking which was. This guy is probably gonna pull me over for no reason just like his buddy did a few days ago... Now here we are!"
So he goes through the who license, registration speech. And of course i'm legit. So the next question they always ask (at least around here anyway) is, "Do you have any weapons in the car?" Always my fav. part. To which I reply, "Of course I do." He puts his hand on his gun, and says "What do you have and where is it? Don't make any sudden movements!" So I give a little chuckle and say "I have a 9mm in the small of my back." Cop- "Do you have a permit to carry that?" "Of course I do, I'll show you, but i have to reach in my back pocket to get my wallet.."

Anyway, I'm going off on a rant here. He pulled me out of the truck, put me against it. Patted me down, took my gun, ran the numbers, etc... Had me out there for like 45 minutes just because I, "Looked at him".... Philly, what a great place to live

Last edited by PhillyLee; 01-21-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Catalytic Converter Placement