1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

winter windshield tip.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 02:51 AM
oxygen454
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Coming from the Land of Ice and Snow up here in Canada lol. I have never heard of a cracked windshield from snow or cold water in the heat. Not saying that it couldn't happen, just never heard of it. (For those who know Canada, I grew up in Calgary Alberta)

I have always used my defrost on medium till the truck warms up then I blast the heat. Towels work good over the window when its frost only.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:53 AM
89newbie
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oxygen454
Coming from the Land of Ice and Snow up here in Canada lol. I have never heard of a cracked windshield from snow or cold water in the heat. Not saying that it couldn't happen, just never heard of it. (For those who know Canada, I grew up in Calgary Alberta)

I have always used my defrost on medium till the truck warms up then I blast the heat. Towels work good over the window when its frost only.
I keep a spray bottle of washer fluid & a sqeegee, to do frost after ive started. Lots of times its just the sqeegee. Thats the extent of the warm up but I can coast in drive most of the first two miles.

Quick Reply: winter windshield tip.