1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Finally Drove It!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Finally Drove It!

Finally drove my truck around the block, several times today. Still have a few things to do to it, nothing real major though. The only real things I need to do before I will drive it day-to-day is install the stabilizer bar and install the parking brake (waiting for a front cable to come in). Oh, and of course, get an alignment since I replaced almost every front end component.

During some checks I was doing the other day, I discovered some issues with the drivers rear lights. The left turn signal didn't work, I think the marker light wouldn't work, and the reverse light would only work if the marker lights were off. Attached is a picture of the wire harness at the connection point right under the bed. Since no one had terminals so I could repair the connector, I just spliced the wires in, bypassing the connector. Not what I would have preferred to do, but it works.
Name:  taillight_harness.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  43.1 KB

She felt great to drive. I couldn't notice that much of a difference, however. Of course, it's been over 2 years since I last drove it. The steering still had some play in it, but I can't remember how it used to be.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Poor truck had to wait years to get fixed. Welcome back! How long will it last this time?

These wires get so brittle and can brake easily.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:02 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, I've taken my time to fix her, but she's been a sport. Starting the first time, everytime, I've ran her.

Hopefully I'll be back for a while this time. Being gone for so long has been pretty taxing on me.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 AM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to hear she's back on the road!!! I still haven't made much progress on mine since getting her back on 4 wheels. I'm about a month shy of a year that she hasn't been on the road. I've just been way too busy to find the time.

Quick Reply: Finally Drove It!