1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

no power to radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
BlackKimera
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GTXpress- that could very easily be the issue, no hurt in checking it, fuses are cheap.

melodytoinvent- I had this happen when i hooked my system up the first time, I re-grounded the ground on the stereo to something a little less dinky and I haven't blown it since. Dakota's seem prone to electrical issues like this.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:17 PM
GTXpress
Professional

I changed the fuse and hooked up the radio, or made sure it was hooked up the way I believe it should be. My dome light now comes on when the truck is off. But now my radio is on all the time no matter the way I hook up my radio wires. So I will just have to turn the radio on and off like I used to but the memory on the radio at least works now. I just have to figure out the remote side of it or something. But at least I have station presets.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:39 PM
melodytoinvent
Captain

i take it all your wires are cut and dont have the plugs? That sucks. Run the yellow wire off your radio to a constant source like your battery then run the red one to an accessory like the cigarette lighter and you should have memory and it should go off with the truck. Some stereos come with a seperate memory wire but in all my years of hooking up radios in just about anything you can think of (even a 66 ford that never had a radio) ive never had to hook that wire up lol

Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM
festerw
Veteran

If your radio plugs are cut off here are the wire colors you'll need to hook it up properly.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...etail/697.html

Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Elrodh15

Originally Posted by festerw
Under the hood in the PDC check the IOD fuse, should be 5 amp
I have no power to my IOD fuse plug. And the fuse is good. Its a 95 Dakota with a 318. There's also a four, yes four, amp fuse under my dash, that is good, but there's also no power to that plug. And my dome lights and my radio are not working. I can't figure out whats wrong!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:58 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you check the fuses under the hood? Are you sure the fuses are good, even though they look good sometimes they can be bad? There is a fuse diagrams for both under the hood and dash in the FAQ.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:53 PM
fnewtz

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does PDC stand for and where under the hood is it located?

Quick Reply: no power to radio