1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1995 3.9 not starting again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:06 AM
manyhobbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1995 3.9 not starting again!

Hello all!

I posted this thread claiming that I had fixed a no start issue on a 1995 Dakota.....here's the thread:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...info-here.html

Well, the gal that I fixed it for said that it ran great for ~ 2 days....then it's back to the "no-start" mode! The truck is about 45 mts away from me and I'll probably go and take another look at it this Friday.

The above link to my orginal thread had info about the 3-1 wire fix. I don't think that my fix I did isn't the the problem, however, I will double check it.

Any suggestions as to what to check next? I will check the auto shut down relay stuff.

Thanks for helping me help this gal! She REALLY needs this truck to get a job!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There are 3 different splices. I could be one of the other 2 that you didn't fix yet.

First check for spark at the plugs. Next check for correct fuel pressure. Next check the timing #1TDC and distributer location.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:58 PM
manyhobbies

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
There are 3 different splices. I could be one of the other 2 that you didn't fix yet.

First check for spark at the plugs. Next check for correct fuel pressure. Next check the timing #1TDC and distributer location.
Crazy....Thanks for the reply!

I understood that there was one splice that had 3 wires spliced to one. Where would these other splices be?

Checking for #1 at TDC are you looking at the timing chain?

I'll check the above what you mentioned. I know the fuel pump isn't running.

I'll probably check these things this Saturday.

Dan

Old 06-03-2011, 01:48 PM
manyhobbies

Well...the owner of the truck took it to a shop. I hope they search for bad wire splices instead of throwing parts at it..... I was trying to keep it out of the shop to save her $$$$.....oh well I don't blame her.....I was out of town.....

I would still like to know where the other bad splices are .....from reading, I believe there is one along the firewall.......is this correct? Where's the third?

Quick Reply: 1995 3.9 not starting again!