1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Fuel Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:41 AM
DRUSS25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know the torque specs for the 6 bolts for the flywheel to the engine? Also, the flywheel to the torque converter/flex plate.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The service manual has all the torque specs. You can download it in the FAQ in this section, it is a few posts above this one.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:29 PM
9652dakota
Veteran

zip it down with a half inch gun then go around and hit em all two times *just reall short little hits*
i don't reccomend it but i have been quite known to do it

Old 07-12-2011, 05:38 PM
DRUSS25

OK, I got the trans back in and almost everything else...but now I don't have OD, I messed with the OD on/off switch but that didn't do anything at all. The only things I don't have hooked up are the exhaust after the crossover (obviously not the problem), and I ripped off and lost the harness that goes to the t-case...there's 2 plugs on the t-case and it has a plug up further so you can take that whole harness out...it has 4 wires in it. I know one set of wires goes back to the switch for the 4x4 light but I don't know what the other switch does.

Does anybody have a spare wire harness laying around...I've called 20 different junk yards and everyone says they don't have one.

Or could someone at least pull theirs off and take a bunch of pics for me so I can try to make a new one? Also, does anyone know what type of connector goes to that other plug on the t-case? I know the one that goes to the 4x4 switch is a Weather Pack connector...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The other connector is the Speed Sensor. That is why you don't have OD. ALL connectors under the vehicle/hood is a weather pack connector with the seal on it.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:26 PM
DRUSS25

...and the battle continues...I'm really wishing I would have just taken this somewhere to have it done...

I've called 17 junk yards and cannot find the t-case harness I need, called dealerships and they don't make them anymore and can't find me a wiring diagram because its so old, I've tried finding 4x4 dakotas around where I live to take a look but they are either 2WD or are different years and have a little different wiring...so is there anyone out there with a 93 4x4 dakota that would like to take some pics and give me info about the harness? There are 4 wires, 2 go to the speed sensor and 2 go to the 4x4 indicator switch...there should be a white wire with an orange stripe, a green wire with a yellow stripe, a black wire with a blue stripe and then a black wire...pics of where each wire goes into each plug would be great! I'm getting sooo frustrated with this...the truck isn't running quite right either...seems to have a little miss while I'm cruising down the road and every time I come to a stop sign it stalls out...almost like its staying in high gear...the RPMs drop way down and it dies...I don't know if its because I don't have the speed sensor hooked up or if its because my detent cable needs to be adjusted or what...any ideas???

Quick Reply: Fuel Issue?