1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Performance computer

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:37 AM
SXX360
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance computer

I know that Mopar made a performance computer for the 3.9's. Do any of you know anywhere that could flash that to a computer for me? Or do any of you guys happen to have a spare one floating around that your not using?...hahaha, i know im funny but im looking to get a little bit more power out of my dakota without having to do too much.

I've been looking at the roller rockers suggested in FAQ2 and i am also wondering what cam profile would be good to increase the low end torque/power as i tow a fairly light race car with it once a week during the summers.

Thanks!!

Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You can add a few things to increase power, but your not going to gain much with stock V6. A V8 swap will increase HP exponentially.

As for Per. Comp. you can try to find the V6 one. The part number is in the FAQ2 Google it and see what comes up.

As for flashing your best bet is B&G I think it is. The link is in the FAQ2.

The 1.7 Roller rockers is one way to get cam performance with out swapping out the cam. But if you do swap the cam you got to go back to 1.6 which is stock, so might as well keep stock rockers.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:09 AM
SXX360
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, looks like ill be going with my dad when they go to the pick-n-pull to find a computer so i can get it flashed by b&g.

which is better? to go with the roller rockers or a cam? im guessing the rockers would probably be easier to do

thanks for the help
Jon

Old 06-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SXX360
which is better? to go with the roller rockers or a cam? im guessing the rockers would probably be easier to do
Jon
It depends on what you mean by BETTER. Easier and probably over all cheaper yes rockers will do.

For more power if a good high cam is available. But with a high cam the streetability goes down. And swapping a cam is a lot of work compared to rockers.

Quick Reply: Performance computer