1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 02:12 PM
trukn2004
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions

Hi im new here, but i had a few questions. i own a 1992 3.9 V6 extended cab 2WD Dodge Dakota, and im in the process of fixing it up. right now im working on an interior and i just had a couple of questions
1. has and other 2nd gen owners had a leak that looks like it comes from the back window. mine is puddling on the gasket, and ive had the window replaced along with gasket. just looking for some hints.

2. my gas gauge doesnt work once ive used about half the tank. the needle just starts to bounce, is that a gauge problem, or is it a sensor problem?

Any help on either of these questions would be an immense help to me. i am doing the work myself as much as i can, hoping one day to have this truck bagged, tucking 19s with the 318 under the hood. Thanks in advance

Joe

Old 11-07-2005, 02:48 AM
360DakotaPwr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Questions

As for the leak, there are two pieces of weatherstripping around the doors, check the one that meets just the top of the door, make sure it is slid all the way back to the rear of the door opening otherwise when it rains the water will fall directly into the rear floor plan making you think th e back glass is leaking. As for fuel. see if you have a supply and a return line on the pump. If so then its original, possibly stuck leveler or there is a siphon tube in the pump assembly that likes to come loose. If you only have a supply line then someone converted the fuel system to a 97 and newer system like I did. If so then the fuel level only reads above half tank meaning when the level is on E you still have half a tank.

Quick Reply: Questions