1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

good to bad day...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:18 PM
4x4Dakota93
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good to bad day...

finally got my gf to take my truck to the shop while i was working to get lifetime alignment on it!!!!

yea well turns out the only thing i didnt replace(hub assy) on front end were bad on both sides...

easy swap? found some im gonna order in a bit..

then i think i finally found out what that damn noise coming from engine bay to cab was... couple bolts loose on exhaust manifold so i bought some gaskets, started and when i got to the aft bolt on driver side manifold, i put like 1/8 turn on it and bolt fell off ?!?!?!?!?! =O

upon inspection there was enough carbon build up at the snap point on bolt that it has probably been loose broke like that for a year, just sitting there....

got the rest of the bolts out both sides fine except for where the 2 bolts hold the EGR valve flange on manifold, managed to snap one of those off myself....

EGR be bypassed? or does it need it?

anyways guess i got alittle project this weekend...

Old 10-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Those exhaust bolts go through so much heat they start braking down the metal, it is very common for them to break. The hubs are very easy, just some of the bolts could stubborn. Hit them with plenty of oil. You will need a 32 or a 33mm socket for the CV axle nuts, and a large breaker bar.

Quick Reply: good to bad day...