1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

What does this molex supply power to

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 03:28 PM
azvampyre
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does this molex supply power to

I was spelunking under the hood, and noticed this two prong molex had a broken wire. The wires are 1. Pink, and 2. Green; I temporarily spliced them back together, but can't come to a conclusion of what they're for.
It sits behind the A/C accumulator, and forward of connectors C105 and C106 for the wheel speed sensors.
I've hunted through the factory service manual and wiring connectors schematics, but this connector isn't listed. Before I let the Dodge dealership charge me $27.00 for a simple connector and 11.3% sales tax plus $5.95 shipping, could anyone tell me what it does; is it even neccessary?
Thanks a bunch...heres a pic.

edit:
I forgot to mention...1995 Dakota 4wd 318, and the connector is on the passenger fender well just behind the accumulator, and forward of the two wheel speed sensors.

Attached Thumbnails What does this molex supply power to-imag0059.jpg  

Last edited by azvampyre; 10-07-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sure don't know. I would guess it is not factory, since it is not a weather pack connector. You sure did your homework on it.

Does it go into the factory wiring loom?
Does it plug into the other connector that is dangling.?

Old 10-08-2011, 01:32 PM
azvampyre
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mystery solved...

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
Sure don't know. I would guess it is not factory, since it is not a weather pack connector. You sure did your homework on it.

Does it go into the factory wiring loom?
Does it plug into the other connector that is dangling.?
Trial and error, and a little dumb luck.
I spliced the wires, and plugged in the harness, and still couldn't find it supplying power to anything, so inside the cab i touched the power mirror switch, and behold, the power mirror started to move. Unplugged; the power mirror doesn't operate.

Quick Reply: What does this molex supply power to