1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

How does your 2wd Dakota do

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 01:29 PM
chickenfarmer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty much the same as everyone else. I've got a good 300 pounds in the back and it hasn't gotten stuck yet. I slide around a lot, but that's not the trucks fault...

Old 01-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Dakota is amazing in the snow! I put 4 new snow tires on it, a few bags of sand in the back and havent got stuck due to bad conditions yet! I barely even slip in the road with it. Good ol' LSD makes it easy though
I've only gotten stuck twice, and those were from me having fun in the snow. I did a sick 3 round donut on a freshly snowed parking lot only to find it was pure ice below the snow. Got stuck there but lucky I was able to push it out. Second time i pulled into a deep snowed boat launch to do some sliding and got stuck. Had to get my buddy with a ram to come pull me out. Mines a 2nd gen 2wd though.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:04 AM
89newbie
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had 2 wheel drive trucks I always used sand and salt bags. If you get stuck you can use them for traction. I did a 2 inch body lift on my last 2 wheel drive truck and combined with weight it went everywhere, except the day we got 29" of snow. LOL fixed that by getting a guy clearing a parking lot with a bobcat fill the bed with snow then I was off and running again.

Quick Reply: How does your 2wd Dakota do