1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

replacement driver's side floor panel

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 10:29 AM
marcar1993
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dobaroy
Just curious marcar, how much would you pay for a bare cab?
I STOLE mine for $80. Bare except seat belts, pedals, and a rear sliding window. (Window was $20 extra if he left it in) so technically the CAB cost $60. Couldn't pass that up. He was parting out a 95, and I also got bumpers, some trim, and walked away for $200.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:42 PM
jvanhoe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already have the Hurculiner just need to get the metal. My town has a recycle center and I asked the guy to save me a street sign when he sees one (the town does throw them away frequently)or I can take a door from a refrigerator. Most of the U pull places have disappeared near me for many reasons (housing development as land becomes scarce/insurance/accidents in the yards/ storage of parts). I did see a full Dakota (88/89?) on CL at a yard in Somers, CT that was the exact duplicate (color/cab/bed) of mine but it wasn't that cheap and I thought repairing the hole would be easier than pulling/installing the complete cab.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:30 PM
marcar1993
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree its easier to fix it then replace the cab. Everyone says, oh just bolt the new cab on, but I really don't want to entirely disassemble the front end, dash, interior.
I have a hole and need rockers and a cab corner. I'll sooner fix it then swap it.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:26 PM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by marcar1993
I agree its easier to fix it then replace the cab. Everyone says, oh just bolt the new cab on, but I really don't want to entirely disassemble the front end, dash, interior.
I have a hole and need rockers and a cab corner. I'll sooner fix it then swap it.
The small corners that used to be are no longer but the large one is. Guy suggested to me to buy the big one and cut it down then do the rivot and bondo. I think trim the rust, homemade panel inside and bondo makes sense because now I was told a strict inspector will fail you for exposed rivots or screws. LOL I was at the zone the other day when a guy bought the steel tape and three cans of paint to fix rockers for Pa. inspection, wonder if it passed. last time we did the tape trick we at least took the time to do a bondo film so it looked real!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
jvanhoe

Haven't had time to address the floor issue other than get the metal sheets since the master cylinder failed while I was driving. Luckily it was at 10:30 pm and I was driving out of the train station. I went to stop at the stop sign and the pedal went to the floor. Good thing there was a gas station on the corner that was closed. I was able to swing into the empty area and avoid an accident. While driving in my Wrangler, I noticed the drain holes in the floor that get plugged w/rubber plug and that started me thinking that I could do the same thing w/hole in the Dakota. I need to pull the carpet but if the hole is just about an inch,more/less, I can drill with a hole saw and get a plastic/rubber plug and use that to close the hole. Should pass inspection like my Wrangler and I can hurculine the entire floor except the plug.

Quick Reply: replacement driver's side floor panel