1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Cowl weatherstrip?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:02 PM
MyDisciple
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cowl weatherstrip?

So I just had my windshield replaced on my 90 dakota and decided it was time to change out the weatherstrip that goes between the cowling and the windshield. It was shot and mostly missing. Only problem is, I have no idea where to find the stuff they used. Wesco autobody supply was a joke (they sent me to a wholesale distributor that they have an account with...?) and I wasn't able to find anything for it at CR laurence(the place wesco sent me to). Haven't really found anything useful online. So yeah, anyone know where I can get something that'll do the job?

it's about 1/2 inch wide each way
http://tommunism.net/images/uploaded/kurt/CIMG0578.JPG

Old 02-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Siwon
Professional

this work?

http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?...294963736+9267

Replacement Front Windshield Molding - Black OE Replacement
1987-1996 Dodge Dakota

List Price: $77.49
Our Price: $31.64
You Save: $45.85

Old 02-13-2012, 07:23 PM
MyDisciple

That appears to be for the windshield itself. Trying to find the stuff that attaches to the cowl.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:05 PM
mazda7475
Veteran

i have an 89 sport and that weather stripping is not important. if you don't have any water leaks in the cab don't worry. i had my wind shield replaced twice.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:52 PM
MyDisciple

I was actually more interested in it keeping pine needles out of my heater box and out from under the cowl itself. It also doesn't seem to look even across the windshield without it. Spent about an hour clearing all the crud out of there with a shop vac so I didn't have to listen to it all blowing around in there when I replaced the heater core.

If I can't find it I think i'm gonna try to cut down part of a door seal and glue that in, but I'd much prefer what's meant to be there.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:47 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give these people a call. It's a company that's local to me that actually makes about any type of weather stripping seal you could imagine. Send them the picture of the seal you need and I'll just about guarantee they will be able to match it up. Real good people to deal with and will go that extra mile to help you out.

http://www.steelerubber.com/

Quick Reply: Cowl weatherstrip?