1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Replacement V8 Coil Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:39 PM
SapperKai
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement V8 Coil Springs

Anyone know where to get replacement V8 front coil springs for a 93 2wd? Or if any of the Ram springs would work? Mine are extremely tired, and I need to find some NEW springs. Mopar no longer manufactures them, or so they say, and all the aftermarkets I can find are for V6 only.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

No Ram springs wont work. There are lots of replacement spring manufacturers when you do a Google search. I only looked at a few but they didn't have the Dakota listed.

www.jegs.com and www.jcw.com has some replacements listed.

Also http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com...il_Springs.asp has universals listed. Take some measurements and find out which ones will work for you.

Another option is to get some coil spring spacers, cheep and easy to install. www.summitracing.com

Old 03-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Motorcharge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JC Whitney only has coils for the 4cyl and the v6, Jegs doesn't have them at all.

They're actually pretty damn hard to find. The dealship I work at hasn't been able to get them from any of our parts distros and even the Dodge dealership up the street couldn't tell me where to get new ones.

JCW is the only place I've found so far that carries the front springs at all for 1st gen Dakotas.

Quick Reply: Replacement V8 Coil Springs