1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

best shocks for a 2 inch lift?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:03 PM
superdudedwk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best shocks for a 2 inch lift?

I was wondering if anyone had a part number for shocks that would work with a 2 inch lift.

I am going to be adding re-indexed keys, as well as 2500 leaf springs in the rear which I believe will give me 2 inches all around. I know that with an extra 2 inches of travel I would over extend and ruin my stock shocks so I was wondering if anyone had a part number for some with 2 extra inches on em. I know I will need larger in the rear but would stock work in the front since the drop is still limited by the bumpstops?

Also I was wondering what years would I be looking at for the 2500 leafs to fit my Dak?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:22 PM
buick
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by superdudedwk
I was wondering if anyone had a part number for shocks that would work with a 2 inch lift.

I am going to be adding re-indexed keys, as well as 2500 leaf springs in the rear which I believe will give me 2 inches all around. I know that with an extra 2 inches of travel I would over extend and ruin my stock shocks so I was wondering if anyone had a part number for some with 2 extra inches on em. I know I will need larger in the rear but would stock work in the front since the drop is still limited by the bumpstops?

Also I was wondering what years would I be looking at for the 2500 leafs to fit my Dak?
In my 4x2 Dak I've got a 2+" lift from leafs in the rear, standard monroe sensomatic shocks and have run into no issues in over 2 years of heavy use.

On my 4x4 Dak, I'm going for a 2" key/leaf lift and am running Rancho RS5000s that say they'll accommodate a 1" lift and I expect no issues from them either.

Crazy mentioned that 1994+ Ram 2500s will have the leafs you're looking for. Just make sure to check that they are 2.5" wide and not 3" wide. 2.5" works, 3" wont fit our hangers.

Last edited by buick; 04-02-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: best shocks for a 2 inch lift?