1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

random cut wires.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 01:53 AM
95REDKOTA3.9
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation random cut wires.

ok on the rear end of my truck (bought it about 3 weeks ago) there is a blue, green, brown, yellow wires hanging from the center of the truck just 6-8 inches from the bumper. also there are the license plate light wires are also cut and the only place they would seem to go is a connector that is on the frame that has nothing plugged into it. i will post some pics tomorrow morning to clarify what im trying to describe. why the original owner did some of the things he did are beyond me. he installed air bag helper spring that were too short (and broke) and somehow decided to install an airhorn in addition to the regular horn. i would like to get this sorted out asap before i get a ticket for no plate lights....

thanks in advance

Old 05-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Shelbyfan
Professional

Sounds like trailer wires, I'm doing that tomorrow.

Your pickup sounds like an experiment by a redneck and ricer. Lots of stuff that doesn't make sense and nothing that actually helps.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:18 AM
95REDKOTA3.9
Amateur

it was definitely an older man/redneck because i bought it from an older lady whos husband had passed. im just going to electricians tape the colored wires up (dont plan on towing anything) and going to have to find where the plate light wires are supposed to go.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 AM
JR318
Veteran

On my 95 the license plate lights plug into a connector that is mounted on the frame rail on the passenger side. I removed my back bumper and cut the connector off the harness for the lights. Then soldered the connector to my new light and just connected it. I think its a 2 wire plug.

Quick Reply: random cut wires.