1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 stereo color code?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:16 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default 93 stereo color code?

93 CC; the POS of a PO cut the connector in the dash for the radio.
I was able to wire in a different pigtail into the dash. but the PO also took all 4 speakers out; strangely he left all the factory connector plugs intact.
(well 3 of 4 I dont have the cover off the RR yet)

What I need is the color codes and which is "=" and "-" at the speaker.
I have looked at the FAQ and the closest I see is 1995. I do know they used some different colors for the stereo system over the years with the same in dash radio connectors.... I have had to resolder enuf of them that have been hacked; I go by "position" in the connector rather than wire color coming from the connector;
I have some new speakers I want to put in but I dont wanna wire them reverse polarity/// they don't sound good that way.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 AM
93MissDakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude just go to the12volt.com, or just run new wires

Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 AM
JR318
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have already installed a new pigtail in the dash then just use the new pigtail for the radio that you bought to plug into the factory wire harness and with it connected look to see what wire on the radio is for the negative speaker and trace it to the factory connector and see what color wire is in that spot of the factory pigtail. Hope this makes sense. Its kinda hard to explain but very easy todo.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:44 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker

the radio I have (aftermarket) I have had for a while and has been in more than 1 vehicle. and the wiring color scheme on the radio end is different from factory, as is the factory diagram for different years of vehicles. I had 2 factory vehicle end plugs, cut from junkyard vehicles and they both plug into the radio the same but the wire colors for the same position within the plug are different between the two;

Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 93MissDakota
dude just go to the12volt.com, or just run new wires
I found it on taht "the 12 volt" site... cool/thanks. I had never heard of that site before.

Quick Reply: 93 stereo color code?