1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

95 Dakota questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:07 AM
keilkravec
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the same question for trans flush as mine has 212k on it

Old 08-11-2012, 12:51 AM
lblair04
Veteran

Had a few issues today.

-Started up fine this morning to go to work out. Went out to the truck to start it after the gym and it took 6 tries before it stayed running. On the attempts, it would start for a second then die. After a few tries, it would idle, but if I pressed the gas slightly, it would die. Didnt do it again the other 6 times I started it today...

-On my way home, I felt a couple clunks while I was on the highway (seemed like trans clunks). I got home and checked the fluids...all was well and trans fluid pink and not burnt. When I had my Ram, I had a couple clunks on the highway then a big clunk that resulted in a $3500 trans rebuild.

-When I checked the trans, I put the e-brake on. Now the e-brake is not disengaging.

Shouldn't have come back to Dodge. Should have kept the reliable GMC lol. Tried to get rid of a payment and sell my GMC for the Dodge. Also prob shouldnt have bought something with 224k miles. Another lesson learned...

Any suggestions relevant to the issues would be great!

Old 08-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you checked your fuel pressure and volume while it is acting up? That is where I would start.

Have you checked the notorious splice? That would be the next thing, there is a great write up in the FAQ in this section with location and pictures.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:37 AM
lblair04
Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
Have you checked your fuel pressure and volume while it is acting up? That is where I would start.

Have you checked the notorious splice? That would be the next thing, there is a great write up in the FAQ in this section with location and pictures.
Took care of the splices today. Kept finding different splices, so I ended up redoing about 5 splices. Cleaned the throttle body and IAC. Its idling quite a bit better. Took the drums off the rear brakes...for some reason the drivers rear stayed on after I released the parking brake.

Took rear diff cover off to clean it up and reseal it. If I spin one tire in the back forward, and the opposite side spins in the opposite direction (one spins forward, the other backward) that means I have a limited slip, correct? I need to know if I need to get the limited slip additive. I know if only one tire spins, its an open diff, if both spin in the same direction, its posi, but not sure about spinning opposite.

Thanks

Old 08-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lblair04
If I spin one tire in the back forward, and the opposite side spins in the opposite direction (one spins forward, the other backward) that means I have a limited slip, correct?
Thanks
Sorry you have an open diff. A LSD or a locker will spin in the same direction.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:39 PM
lblair04
Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
Sorry you have an open diff. A LSD or a locker will spin in the same direction.
Its all good...this 3.9 couldn't get out of its own way, let alone break em loose.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:46 PM
lblair04
Veteran

I cant unlock my drivers door fully with a key to be able to open it from the outside. I see the little lock **** move up, but not enough to fully unlock. I have to unlock the passenger side, reach over and pull the handle. Has anyone had this issue and what do I need to do to fix it?

Thanks

Quick Reply: 95 Dakota questions