1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1995 Dodge Dakota Wiper Linkage Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 PM
USMCsniperSEAL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Dodge Dakota Wiper Linkage Problem

I have searched around here and solved half the problem by adding a new bushing on my drivers side linkage. However the other linkage wobbles underneath it making a loud knocking noise. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have not found good photos or diagrams searching YouTube and Google. Or maybe I am putting the drivers side piece together wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 PM
kahanabob
Captain

i always change all the nylon bushings. i pull both wiper rotors out and change the bushings also the main one on the wiper motor is larger than the rest. just be very careful not to mix up the linkage arms or put in backwards/upside down. when you install the bushings you have to squeeze them in until you hear/feel them pop in.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:44 AM
USMCsniperSEAL

Do you have any pictures? I am only working on the driver side one right now.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:52 PM
kahanabob
Captain

no pics....i drop both rotor units, i think 3 screws on each one, and disconnect the arm at the motor and pull everything out thru the drivers side. replace one at a time that way you will not mix things up.

Quick Reply: 1995 Dodge Dakota Wiper Linkage Problem