1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Replaced IAC FOUR (4) times - it was my PCM :( - here is how I found out

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:58 PM
dchoran
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus moparnut38,

THAT Dakota of yours is a Pierce Park Car Show / College Ave Octoberfest type of Dakota!!!! Probably not old enough yet for either show is my guess????

Sweet custom man. WOW.

I live a couple miles up from the PO in Appleton off Division.

My 95 Dakota is a basic beater stored in unit G19 at Appleton North East Storage up on French Road off of OO.

Looking at your pic, you must be in the vicinity just a couple rows down maybe - C14??? SMALL WORLD.

I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for that ultimate blue/white pimp-my-ride Dakota VERY VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!

Gotta see that close up some day please Paul.

And I like your PICS online - vehicles AND otherwise

Dave H. Appleton 11/10 5pm central

Last edited by dchoran; 11-10-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM
moparnut38
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks dchoran,yes I have my dakota at the same place and yes its unit c14 as I have my 23' boat in there too. I did have that in a car show this year in freedom at Rico's bar and resturant car show. I wanted to get it in the College Ave Octoberfest show but had to work late so I missed out on it. Next year it will be there and I will have a few more things done too it by than. I wish I could get it in the Perice Park car show but your right even thou its 21 years old its still not old enough for that show.

I live right behind the old cops food center off of Calumet St. . I pretty much only take it out when its nice and sunny but its out this weekend as soon it will be put away for the winter and I want too have some fun yet...lol

That would be cool to show it too ya if you like. I am very proud of what it looks like as I did most of the work on it and getting all the parts for it. Here is a pic of what it looked like when I bought it almost 3 years ago:
Name:  picture24.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  123.6 KB
and at Ricos car show in Freedom:
Name:  2012-08-11_17-33-24_714.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  109.8 KB

? for ya how did ya know my name....lol

Last edited by moparnut38; 11-10-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Tgresch
Amateur

Originally Posted by volaredon
unneeded on anything older than 96
not true i bought a brand new one unused unopened from orielly's and it needed to be flashed before my truck would run. The new pcm is completely blank all it is is the guts the mileage and drivetrain needs to be downloaded into the computer. running a reman will be different because those are specifically for your drive train new ones aren't. Also the difference between the 1995 and the 1996 is nothing.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Tgresch
not true i bought a brand new one unused unopened from orielly's and it needed to be flashed before my truck would run. The new pcm is completely blank all it is is the guts the mileage and drivetrain needs to be downloaded into the computer. running a reman will be different because those are specifically for your drive train new ones aren't. Also the difference between the 1995 and the 1996 is nothing.
I have replaced a computer or 3 in my lifetime, and I have never ever flashed a computer older than 95 At least as far as Chrysler goes, anything pre OBD II CAN'T be flashed.
Just like there isn't alot of stuff avail aftermarket to hop them up, as there is for the "equivalent" GM's and Fords...

Old 11-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Tgresch
Amateur

I have replaced a computer or 3 in my lifetime, and I have never ever flashed a computer older than 95 At least as far as Chrysler goes, anything pre OBD II CAN'T be flashed.
Just like there isn't alot of stuff avail aftermarket to hop them up, as there is for the "equivalent" GM's and Fords...
So essentially what your saying is since you haven't done it, it doesn't exist. I know it has to be flashed i have experienced it so i know first hand.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
dchoran
Amateur

Which one of you guys is a FLASH Gordon fan

Let it go dudes.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Like I said before yes the Dodge OBDI's can be flashed.
http://www.bgchrysler.com/tuning-magnum-truck.aspx

Old 12-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Purple Neon Guy
Amateur

Wow, small world. I live in Combined Locks. Glad to see some nice Daks in my area.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:42 AM
moparnut38
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Purple Neon Guy
Wow, small world. I live in Combined Locks. Glad to see some nice Daks in my area.
Ya what a small world. I didnt think there was guys around the area on here. Do you have a pic of yours too put up so we all can see

Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 PM
dchoran
Amateur

Wish my '95 was a 4x4. Instead as a 2WD it sits up in storage on French Road in Appleton

Maybe we have a little get together this spring some Sat or Sun for a couple cold ones and shoot the breeze on our trucks.

Mine is nothing special - just a 95 2 door long bed with 87,000 original miles.

But I went thru THREE (3) PCMs/ECMs before she got back to normal.

Dave H. Appleton

Originally Posted by Purple Neon Guy
Originally Posted by moparnut38
Ya what a small world. I didnt think there was guys around the area on here. Do you have a pic of yours too put up so we all can see

Last edited by dchoran; 12-28-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Replaced IAC FOUR (4) times - it was my PCM :( - here is how I found out