1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Battery charging gauge in dash

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Hansm14
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery charging gauge in dash

My pointer inside the gauge sometimes pulsates in the middle.Side to side. Not a whole lot.Mainly when I start the truck. Am thinking is the alternator going out? I have a new battery,and I checked the cables.Everything is good.Anyone understand what I am trying to explain?It doesn't vibrate,pulses very long. Intermittent. Never had this seen before. 94 Dakota.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Dakotaboy87
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hansm14
My pointer inside the gauge sometimes pulsates in the middle.Side to side. Not a whole lot.Mainly when I start the truck. Am thinking is the alternator going out? I have a new battery,and I checked the cables.Everything is good.Anyone understand what I am trying to explain?It doesn't vibrate,pulses very long. Intermittent. Never had this seen before. 94 Dakota.
Maybe a the gauge is bad or a wire isn't grounded correctly? Could always just take the alternator off and have a parts store check it. I think it's advance that does it for free if I'm not mistaken.

Quick Reply: Battery charging gauge in dash