1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Replacing my driver side control arm

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 PM
jnich4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Replacing my driver side control arm

My ball joint on my driver's side popped out (long story) and tore the hell out of my control arm. I am so glad I noticed before it royally screwed me but I am having the hardest time finding a control arm to replace it. I have a 1994 Dodge Dakota 4x4. Any one go through this or know of a place? I'm in Texas right now so I can drive to local shops or junk yards if you have any ideas.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:38 AM
JMNeel
Rookie

I had something similar thing happen to my old 96 4x4 dak. The upper a arm actually broke in half while i was driving, scared the **** out of me. But i just called around to local junkyards until i found one. It was a long time ago so i dont remember how much but it was already pulled when i picked it up, so i paid a little more than from a u-pull-it yard.
Good Luck

Old 10-24-2012, 09:45 AM
jnich4

Originally Posted by JMNeel
I had something similar thing happen to my old 96 4x4 dak. The upper a arm actually broke in half while i was driving, scared the **** out of me. But i just called around to local junkyards until i found one. It was a long time ago so i dont remember how much but it was already pulled when i picked it up, so i paid a little more than from a u-pull-it yard.
Good Luck
Thanks. I checked the 3 around here (we live in a TINY town). I have to call the ones in the city next. All of the trucks at all 3 yards here (one you pull, 2 they pull) had all 2x4 trucks.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 PM
JMNeel
Rookie

yeah its probably going to be a hard one to find. I live in a pretty big city and i still had to drive out of the valley to get one.
go to car-part.com and search for one. you might be able to get one shipped. seemed to be a bunch in NM

Old 10-24-2012, 07:05 PM
keilkravec
Veteran

lol yea seems CrazyRT has all the luck out his way for parts trucks.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:27 AM
jnich4

Found one!! In a yard almost 3 hours away but he will ship it. And yeah I discovered car-part.com yesterday when I was searching for junk yards. I called ALL the shops in the city near me and nothing. They had 2x4 but no 4x4.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by keilkravec
lol yea seems CrazyRT has all the luck out his way for parts trucks.
LOL. The U-Pull it here has 10 1st gens. At times it mostly pre Magnums 91-down and 2wd. Right now mostly Magnums and a few 4wd. They swap them out every 6 months or more.

Quick Reply: Replacing my driver side control arm