1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

HELP! i need an answer to get my spindle!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 09:16 AM
scrappydakota
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP! i need an answer to get my spindle!

So i need to know if the truck has ABS...its a 94 DAK 5.2 manual. mechanic doesnt open for another hour or so and need to get the part asap. THANKS!!!
Also its a Sport. Im thinking its only rear ABS

Last edited by scrappydakota; 11-17-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM
ricekiller
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you turn your ignition to the ON position, (do not start), see if an ABS light comes on for a few seconds and then goes back out. if it does, you atleast have rear ABS. then poke your head in both front wheel wells and look for a little wire running down to the hub. if there is a wire on one or both of the front hubs, you have ABS up front.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You can always check the FAQ for quick answers.
Do I have 2WABS/RWABS Rear Wheel ABS or 4WABS/AWABS All Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes? HERE

Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 AM
scrappydakota
Rookie

thanks guys it has ABS in the back nothing up front truck is at the shop so i could not look at it. have a great day!!! im going to the junk yard!~

Old 11-17-2012, 12:19 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

all these trucks had rear ABS not many had 4 wheel ABS.... if you get an ABS spindle, it will work for both apps; but a NON ABS Spindle, wont work on a truck with 4 wheel ABS because it wont have the mounting boss cast in, for the sensor; this mounting boss won't interfere in any way if your truck don't need it....

Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM
scrappydakota
Rookie

picked up a spindle (they took it out) for $75 too bad the bastards charged me twice so now i gotta straighten that out but now waiting for mechanic to open again!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

what is wrong with the old one? and BE YOUR OWN MECHANIC. Save that labor bill.. Many places wont install parts you bring in, they have to get it themselves.... (so they can mark that up *too*)
and lastly (for now) did they charge you $150 for it? or was it a double charge at $75? Because even $75 was too high a price for a used spindle.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:46 PM
scrappydakota
Rookie

It was a double charge that they claimed "happens sometimes give it a couple days" lol other than that my mechanic is a friend who has his own shop so i can bring my own parts and we have goods we trade not always money.
i thought 75 wasnt bad for them taking it out and just having it ready. if you think i over paid then thats your opinion. as for mechanic i dont have all the tools needed or the space do to it in. and i really dont know enough to get too far into it. i can do ok but im no mechanic. either way my bears just stunk up monday night so ugh! either way ill be back on the road tomorrow

Quick Reply: HELP! i need an answer to get my spindle!