1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

airaid econoaid

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:15 AM
95slt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airaid econoaid

was looking at these, their website is full of positive reviews about them ( obviously not going to put negative) and on other sites nothing but negative for the most part. I try to keep an open mind about new products but... don't understand this whole thing about this product and tb spacer being advertised as promoting a swirl effect of fuel/ air mixture ..how many years has it been since carbs and throttle body injection? Everything in probably in about last 20 years is port injection.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I say I'm 50/50 on it. The thorttle body spacers don't help even when they do have the helix/vortex build in. But it might be worth a shot the video I saw said $30 and money back if it don't work. I say as long as it is large enough not to restrict air flow then maybe.

Here is the link to check it out.
http://www.airaid.com/econoaid.aspx

Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 PM
inuchan187
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the intake manifolds on vehicles these days, the best it can do is nothing. worst case, you lose power. The only time spacers work are when the intake runners go directly from the carb/tb to the heads. it does the same thing as having longer intake runners. If you had an m1 intake, you would gain a few hp from a spacer.

Because the tb dumps the air into a big empty space which the runners then get the air from, the only swirl effect you will get is turbulence that will actually make it harder to pull air into the engine.

Even those electric turbochargers they sell online work better than a tb spacer, because at least they do provide a small performance increase up to about 750-1000 rpms before the engine is sucking in more air than the fan can produce.

Quick Reply: airaid econoaid