1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Custom Visor Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:57 AM
pinkfloydeffect
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would find a 94-96 Magnum and do a clip swap (including rad core support, bumper, hood) I plan on doing a Magnum 5.9

Old 12-27-2012, 01:04 AM
keilkravec
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heck I'm going with what my brother has always said..keep it simple stupid. I'm going to make it my project truck and go all out. Propane flamethrowers, going all out on the motor, looking to push 400+ so going the Carb route to make it worlds easier and cheaper. Junkyard front hubs and rear axle for 6-lugs, R/T wheels and either a shaker hood or the AAR challenger havnt decided yet lol.

Back on topic though - I think if you can get the bed bar from moparnut the visor actually pops amazingly well for the sports look your going for. I'd say go for it but just make sure it all gets sealed up good. Don't want any leaks with an interior that nice

Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 AM
pinkfloydeffect
All Star

If you do a clip swap you won't need to swap hubs and axle shafts, simple is not always my intentions. We did not go to the moon because it was easy but because it was hard lol heck I would even run OBDII and deff keep the 5 lug for classic mags.

How do you get leaks? The visor is an add on (exterior)

Old 12-27-2012, 01:12 AM
keilkravec
Veteran

well you'll have to drill if it has lights that work, and ahh thought you meant changing the whole front end out, wanting to keep the older style grill i like the lights on it a bit more.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:22 AM
pinkfloydeffect
All Star

I'm completely lost, you WILL have to swap the entire front out if you use a 91+

Just 1 hole for a wire though not each light?

Old 12-29-2012, 03:05 PM
keilkravec
Veteran

sorry lol I'm only talking swapping out the suspension if not only the 6 lug hubs and brakes.

And yea unless the lights are all strung together so you only need one wire coming down to a switch you will have to drill and make sure its all sealed up good.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:39 PM
pinkfloydeffect
All Star

F**k that I will string the LEDs together, they are attached to the visor not individual "bump style" mounted to the cab roof.

Quick Reply: Custom Visor Lights