1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 Dakota problem, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 PM
mellonhead2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 93 Dakota problem, please help.

Fuel pump is pumping, checked wires, changed fuel fitler. Sometimes will start and run fine other times will start. After a few awhile go back and it will start and then same thing over and over. Any suggestions on what is going on???

Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So it won't start sometimes? You didn't say!

While it is not starting check to see if you got spark to ALL plugs and check your fuel pressure at that time, and check to see if the ALL fuel injectors are spraying correctly.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:37 AM
daksnbeers
Professional

Yeah check to see if you get spark or not and fuel pressure when it's not starting.

Also check your flash codes that ussualy helps give a general idea of the issue.

If you don't have a fuel pressure gauge you can ussualy put a deposit down on one and barrow it from a auto part store.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:40 AM
daksnbeers
Professional

Oh also just because you hear the fuel pump turning on as you turn the key doesn't mean it's pumping enough. Mines was on the verge of going bad since i bought my truck managed to get 6k miles out of it then truck just wouldn't start at all still hearing the pump kick on i replaced the pressure regulator which didn't help then i did the pump has been starting like a champ even in colder weather for the past 3 months have put about another 4k on it.

Quick Reply: 93 Dakota problem, please help.