1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

driver door wont open

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:19 PM
96regrets
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver door wont open

I just replaced the clip on inside of my drivers door trying to get it to open from the outside and it still wont. i took the panel back off and checked things out, the only thing i could come up with is maybe the power lock is froze up and is keeping the outside locked. any ideas or thoughts are welcome. thanks

Old 03-12-2013, 05:51 PM
JR318
Veteran

Make sure all the linkage for the outside handle is hooked up. If you can open it from the inside handle then it almost has to be a problem with the linkage from outside handle to the latch.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 AM
daksnbeers
Professional

Have any pics to post on replacing this clip? My passenger door wont open from the outside because my a**hole friends slam my door and my clip broke on it. Took the door panel off forever ago to look at it but with the metal door panel behind it with like a 5 in hole there was no way my hands would fit in there. I wanted to rig something up out of metal to avoid this again. Oh if you can post a pic of the clip so I can see what i need to make . Sorry if it seems like i stole your thread. But as the previous poster suggested I'd check all of the linkage.

Quick Reply: driver door wont open