1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Help with Brake Booster Vacuum hoses

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Crang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Brake Booster Vacuum hoses

I don't use my 94 V6 much and the two smaller vacuum hoses off of the connection to the break booster have broken off and I can't find where the new lines are supposed to connect to. I have tried a visual inspection and research but am unable to find any information on the two hoses. They are different diameters. Thanks for the help so I can get her running well again.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:46 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

some of older chryslers had a sticker on the hood showing hoses. allso some hoses had the size on them, may need to clean the dirt off.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Crang

Thank you. I did clean it off but as with the diagram shown below only the main hose coming from the manifold is shown.

http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/1ji8...-9-engine.html

Old 03-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Brian in Tucson
All Star

Originally Posted by Crang
Thank you. I did clean it off but as with the diagram shown below only the main hose coming from the manifold is shown.

http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/1ji8...-9-engine.html
Were there hoses connected to those ports? My 96, they're just capped off. If your truck is running okay, I'd just get some vacuum caps.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 AM
Crang

Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson
Were there hoses connected to those ports? My 96, they're just capped off. If your truck is running okay, I'd just get some vacuum caps.
Thanks. I will try that. When I covered them with my fingers the engine struggled and then stalled.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Crang

Originally Posted by Crang
Thanks. I will try that. When I covered them with my fingers the engine struggled and then stalled.
Brian, That did it. I covered them with our favorite duct tape as a test and started the truck up. It ran fine the the brakes worked again. Thank you so much. I'll get the vacuum covers and replace the duct tape. I appreciate the input from everyone.

Quick Reply: Help with Brake Booster Vacuum hoses