1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

injector question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 PM
fullautofirepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injector question

hi everyone, im new here and ive got a question. ive googled it for an hour with no luck.

i have a 93 3.9 2wd dakota. ive spent the last 4 weeks rebuilding it in my spare time, and have run into a problem. i have found that i need to replace the injectors, but im not sure what the proper flow rate is exactly. i read that 19 pound ford mustang injectors would work, so i ordered a set off ebay. however, while i ordered a set of 4 hole bosch gen2's, i got a set of 4 hole bosch gen3's, because they had run out of gen2's. the gen3's i have do not have the slots for the retaining clip to sit in. i was hoping this wouldnt cause a problem, but upon testing them, 3 of them fountained fuel out the top. i did everything properly to my knowledge, and did oil the o rings before installation. is there any way to make these injectors work, or do i need to get a set of gen2's? thanks everyone.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Does the electrical plugs work? In 1999? the injector plugs were changed. If yours don't work you will need to get plugs that will work. For a list of stock injector rates check here.https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2592323-post4.html

I will move this to the 1st generation Dakota sub-section.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:54 AM
fullautofirepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the move, I wasn't sure where to put this. The plugs are correct, there the rectangular ev1 plugs on gen 3 bodies. They were all firing properly, and for the 15 seconds before I noticed the problem, the engine did fire up and run. The only problem is the leaking. Also, I noticed the table you linked to doesn't specify a flow rate for the 3.9. Does it have the same flow rate as one of the listed engines?

Quick Reply: injector question