1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

ext cab quarter pannel body work

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM
bran1har
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ext cab quarter pannel body work

My 96 dakota ext cab got hit by a truck with its snow plow up just behind the drivers door and tore up the quarter panel and the bed. I sourced a bed its like new, very nice one and I also sourced the new panel from a salvage yard. I had them cut it off and mail it to me. They cut all around the panel and left exrtra on the rocker which is also part of it and left part of the roof attached.

Now the fun part, how the hell do i put this thing on. Body shop said I should remove the back window, drill out the sport welds on the back behind the bed and also the pinch welds and cut the rocker pannel but what about the seems along the roof? Not really sure how it is attached there. Are there any sealants that go between the roof? If someone know how to do this or has a body assembly diagram for this truck I would appreciate it or any advice at all. I know what im doing for the most part and anticipate painting the whole truck after this. Thanks for any input!

I should really post a rela picture of the damage but I cant get the camera to work for now I put a google image and circled the pannel im trying to remove

Attached Thumbnails ext cab quarter pannel body work-5.jpg  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:26 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not entirely sure how to go about that but my old 93 got hit in the drivers side quarter panel and i pushed it out as best as i could and bondo'd the rest. looked like new

Quick Reply: ext cab quarter pannel body work