1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Need help finding some parts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Lirra
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding some parts!

Where can I find these parts;

- Rear bumper, it's this one I need to replace;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps897555b9.jpg

- OEM body bushings? I don't want to replace them with poly ones, I want it to be a soft ride!

- The plastic covers that sits on top along the bedline;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps387c0016.jpg

- The body mouldings found on the sides/rear corners;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps09cf34ae.jpg

I hope you can help me out!

Old 05-08-2013, 02:57 AM
inuchan187
Professional

It will be tough finding a place that will ship to Norway. In the US, all we can get new is the bumper.

for the body bushings, find a truck with bushings of similar size and use them. If they are a little bigger, they will still work just fine.

The covers over the side are part of the bedliner on my truck. Maybe you could try to find bedliner paint and also paint over the side?

The body mouldings are hard to find in good shape. Most dakotas in junk yards have the mouldings but they are very faded. If you have all the pieces, take them off and paint them.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Lirra
Rookie

Thanks for your reply!

It will be tough finding a place that will ship to Norway. In the US, all we can get new is the bumper.
I do have a US addressed courier to use if needed. I haven't found that style bumper yet(only in chrome). Do you know who will have it?

The covers over the side are part of the bedliner on my truck. Maybe you could try to find bedliner paint and also paint over the side?
Yeah, painting it was my backup plan...

The body mouldings are hard to find in good shape. Most dakotas in junk yards have the mouldings but they are very faded. If you have all the pieces, take them off and paint them.
I have all pieces, but a couple of them is cracked. I don't mind buying used ones, because I will have them painted anyway. My problem is getting the parts.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:08 AM
bran1har
Rookie

Go on car-part.com. It is an online salvage site and you can literally get anything on there and all the places will ship to you. Very easy to use, but sometimes you have to call multiple listings before you find the place that has exactly what you need. The body bushings, just find a dakota on car-part.com, click on a yard, call them and ask them to take the bushings and whatever else you wanted off the salvage truck they have. They will do it and ship for probably like $150 for all that stuff if I had to guess.

Buying new bushings from the dealer is out of the question, I tried and they wanted $500 for all eight of them!

Old 07-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Lirra
Rookie

Thanks for your reply, bran1har.

I tried a couple of junkyards through car-part.com, but I didn't get any replies.

I've bought paint for the whole car, so I'm really in need for a new bumper before paint!

Last edited by Lirra; 07-19-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Brian in Tucson
All Star

Originally Posted by Lirra
Thanks for your reply, bran1har.

I tried a couple of junkyards through car-part.com, but I didn't get any replies.

I've bought paint for the whole car, so I'm really in need for a new bumper before paint!

I've been agonizing (sort of) about this truck for a while. http://tucson.craigslist.org/pts/3933901071.html

Pretty much everything you need. I think.

Quick Reply: Need help finding some parts!