1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Need 92-93 fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:52 PM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need 92-93 fuel pump

I need a broken '92-'93 fuel pump. Actually, what I need is the fitting on top of the 92/93 fuel pump canister that has the in/out nipples for a return-style fuel system. I've got a perfectly good '94 pump, but it has a regulator with a single nipple in the hole where the return-style fitting would go. Only 92/93 Magnum motors (but not the 5.9) had the factory return-line fuel system.

For some time now I've been searching for a '92-'93 magnum fuel pump but my local junk yard removes the tanks on all vehicles and the fuel modules get scattered who-knows-where. A new pump is in the neighborhood of $100, and it seems crazy to buy one when all I need is the two-nipple fitting. Anyone have any ideas? I've thought about modding the canister, but I'd prefer to avoid that and keep it factory-clean.

To see the fittings, you can check out AZ 360 DAKOTA's well-researched thread here:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...-360-swap.html

Old 08-15-2013, 10:28 PM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this if anyone else is interested:

http://stores.hi-potek.com/-strse-33...ter/Detail.bok

They say it'll fit 97-04 Dakotas but they're not certain about other years. Looking at it I see no reason why it shouldn't work on 92-96 Dakotas as well. The price is kinda high I think, maybe because of the adapter required to fill the large hole where the regulator would go. Still, a decent new pump can be had for that price -or- just find some brass fittings and DIY (it might come to that for me). For now, I'm still on the hunt for that factory "fuel out/fuel in" fitting...

Old 08-16-2013, 09:56 AM
kahanabob
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if they say 97-04 then i would bet i will not work for you......prior to 97 they seemed to have changed something on the fuel pump system every year. i would at least call them...

Quick Reply: Need 92-93 fuel pump