1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Wont start :\

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 04:41 PM
T.C.
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wont start :\

Hello again guys looks like I have another problem with the good ol dakota. So heres the scoop I was driving on my way home and my dakota died. What happened was when driving the dakota was low on power 'hit low rpm' about 900-1100 and I thought it was my torque converter was stickin 'been having a problem with that' though anyways when I tryed to give it a little throttle it started to choke and backfire and died. Now it wont seem to start again. When I do try and fire it up it turns over though rarely fires when it does it immediately dies by choking and backfiring. It has something to do with either ignition, fuel system, or not getting enough air. Also no codes are showing. Hmm now I dont know what could be causing this. What I have done to my truck so far: replaced the fuel pump and filter, timing chain's, whole distributor, cap and rotor, pcm, fixed wiring splices. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Wont start :\