1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

HELP, I need a PCM like Last week

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Jamaican Dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, I need a PCM like Last week

Ok, I am in jamaica and I have been trying to locate a PCM for my 1996 Dodge Dakota (3.9 V6magnum, auto). If anyone has any to sell me, I would be greatly appreciated or if u know of any selling. Plz, i need it like last yr.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Jamaican Dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP, I need a PCM like Last week

Damn, i thought i would be getting responses already

Old 10-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELP, I need a PCM like Last week

You might be better off checking with a reputable auto parts store. Unless someone was parting out their truck of that year and drive train build, you are unlikely to find one. If you did, you wouldn't know for sure if it was good or not until it was installed. At least with a parts store you would have a warranty and you would know it is the correct one for your truck. I know when mine went bad on my 93 5.8, I had no trouble getting one, it took overnight to order and arrive. Plugged it in, and everything worked fine. They are kind of expensive, but it is heart of the control system.
When you find one, make sure you have the battery disconnected, and turn on the headlamps for a minute or so to be sure the entire electrical system is totally dead, then unhook the old one, pack the connection box on the new one with litium grease, and reconnect. Then reconnect the battery. All should be good.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: HELP, I need a PCM like Last week