1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

very disappointed with auto custom carpets.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 05:58 AM
daksnbeers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very disappointed with auto custom carpets.

Alright a few weeks ago I finally had some extra spending money so I invested it into my truck and bought a molded vinyl floor from the ACC manufacturer. Not only was it back ordered and took 3 weeks to receive it but it also fits horribly. I've heard from a few people that used their product it drops right in with a little trimming around the edges and of course their advertisement video shows the same.

Mines will keep getting a hump over the trans tunnel when I try and get it in the countors of the driver and passenger sides of the floor pan. It does look molded too. Ive already trimmed it ip so I cannot return it. My best guess will be to seem it down the middle under the seats then seem the front half down the trans tunnel. Get it to fit as best as I can and tack it with spray adhesive. I've planned on building a full center console anyway so it will cover the seem. I'll work it out the best i can but cant believe i have to put the extra time in after spending that amount of money. 180 bucks is alot and my time is worth something too.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Brian in Tucson
All Star

I had a similar situation with an ACC vinyl floor covering on a Geo Tracker. It never did fit right. Fairly half assed molding job, and no indication of where to cut for the 4wd and shifter levers.

Not recommended in my book.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:59 AM
DukeDomB
Rookie

I'm very much in need of a floor mat and carpet refresh in my 92... If not ACC, then are there any suppliers that forum members could enthusiastically recommend?

Old 03-03-2014, 10:52 PM
RobertMc
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought mine from "trim parts".
Haven't installed yet but, if it's anything like the ones I've seen for GM's, it should be good. I bought the padding, carpet and matching floor mats for the 4x4 with buckets.
If i remember correctly trim parts were the only place that had that floor pan shape.

I'll be putting results and photos in my project thread when it I get to installing it this spring.

Quick Reply: very disappointed with auto custom carpets.