1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

95 Dodge Dakota Automatic Transmission Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 12:32 PM
crkennedy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Dodge Dakota Automatic Transmission Problems

I bought a 95 Dodge Dakota 4x4 automatic v6. The transmission whines in neutral all the time. When it has set a while it goes into gear with no problem. I changed the fluid and filter and it took gear properly the 10 miles i drove it home. The next day it started slipping once it heated up. Now sometimes it will take gear when it is warm and sometimes not. Almost always i can shut the engine off about 5 seconds and it will take gear after restarting. I can be going down the road and it looses gear. Day before yesterday i drove it about 40 miles before it sliped the first time. I never know how it willo react. Sometimes it whines when in gear and sometimes not. It is electronic with overdrive. Is there anything electrical that could be causing the problems and if not is there anything i can try besides overhauling or replacing? Any help or information would be greatly apreciated. I am low on funds.

Last edited by crkennedy; 04-02-2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: more information
Old 04-02-2014, 01:17 PM
kahanabob
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out this current thread. reply's apply to your case.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...nsmission.html

Quick Reply: 95 Dodge Dakota Automatic Transmission Problems