1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

will run 10 15 mins then no spark 93 dodge Dakota 3.9 v6

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:04 PM
ianbatterson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will run 10 15 mins then no spark 93 dodge Dakota 3.9 v6

I've got a hole new distributer top and bottom end plugs, plug wires, new crank shaft sensor ignition coil I've sent my computer out to get rebuilt and it still doesn't run right I can start it up for 10 mins or so then the ignition coil will stop sparking and it will crank crank crank still no spark wait an hr or more or even days and it'll start back up I'm getting fuel plz help While its running u can wiggle all the wires and nothing happens doesn't die or die down tried it several times and replaced the relays under the hood

Last edited by ianbatterson; 01-14-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:03 AM
SteveDes
Rookie

Try the 3 wire splice under the fuse block on the passenger side fender well. I believe there is info on this in the FAQ section.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:16 PM
ianbatterson

I got a Mopar crank sensor and wired it directly to the computer and the power supply runs great

Old 02-18-2015, 05:18 PM
onemore94dak
Champion
Received 132 Likes on 124 Posts

Ian what Steve is telling you here is a common problem with many daks.
Go here https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...e-manuals.html
SCroll down to
"Truck will not start"
A common problem in the trucks, primarily ones made between 1993 Through 1995, was failure (corrosion) of the splice that feeds battery power to the automatic shutdown (ASD) and fuel pump relays. If these relays do not get battery power, your truck will not be able to start. This could also cause intermittent problems, or could possibly "kill" the truck when driving down the road. The splice is located underneath the Power Distribution Center (PDC), which is the black box located behind the battery. To Troubleshoot

I think Steve is mispeaking as the problem splice and the relays are on the driver side fender well inside the hood. Apparently the harness that runs under the relay box is where the issue takes place.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:40 AM
ianbatterson

Thanks guy but I already fixed my truck by buying a dodge crank sensor and wiring it directly to the computer and to the power supply the truck has ran great for the past month it espeaccially helped because we got a foot of snow the other day haha

Old 02-19-2015, 06:42 AM
ianbatterson

But I had re soldered those wires a good bit ago but thank you everyone for taking the time and speaking with me I hope this will help some one else

Quick Reply: will run 10 15 mins then no spark 93 dodge Dakota 3.9 v6