1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

95 dies while driving-when hitting a bump or stalls

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 04:12 PM
DodgeitRamithard
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Defi

Originally Posted by dwlacy
update.....when the temperature outside is cooler, in the 60's rather then the 80's or 90's, the truck does not die when hitting a bump
Guess I'm going to be a heat expansion issue I would almost say possibly that ASD relay shut off so they're getting hot enough to the point where you when you hit the pub in the forces of disconnect possibly has overheat sensor cam sensor switch maybeshow me the desert reset just a bit because the truck turned off having to switch it into the opposition reset all the settings so it has to be something that doesn't check in all the time like like the cam sensor switch any fuel pressure switch or oil pressure switch

Old 09-17-2019, 04:42 PM
DodgeitRamithard
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kodyowner
I bought a 94 Sport to replace the 95 Sport that my granddaughter needed "sooo baaad". It's doing exactly what you described - but only when the air conditioner is on. Got it off ebay in June '15 and shortly discovered why it was up for auction; looked at the FAQs on DF; fixed every splice I could find; then Kody ran great all winter. Now its A/C season again, and Kody is up to his old tricks. But now he's is giving me a warning by erratic movements of the speedometer needle before he goes to sleep. If you get a solution to this problem, please let me know cuz I'm missing having the A/C on!
Try using multimeter and check the voltage regulator. .if so is electricly controlled ( not cable )
Then it's an indication of erratic voltage through out the truck internet can. Give specifi procedure on checking voltage regulator.

Quick Reply: 95 dies while driving-when hitting a bump or stalls