1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 Dakota top dash pad pulling.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 12:58 AM
R1ch722
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Dakota top dash pad pulling.

My top dash pad is all cracked and want to replace it, anyone have links or pictures of an exploded view of the dash, I'm just wondering if its worth the hassle or if its any easy job, my questions are, does the pad unbolt from the metal dash or is it part of the dash? If I can take the dash besels off and the cup holder then unscrew the pad I'm ready to tackle it, anyone know how many screws or if this is possible? Thanks in advance,Any help would be much appreciated.
This is what im wanting to replace.

Last edited by R1ch722; 07-15-2016 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:42 AM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

The Factory Service Manual has several pages included all the preliminaries to remove.

Alas, the pad is formed to the plastic dash, and is not removable separately.

There are several Youtube videos and links on redoing a dash, however, so there's that.

There's also companies that can take a busted dash and thermoform or vacuform a new dash over it.

Big secret is to not get into a hurry while forming.

(This may be time to also plan on adding a couple of USB ports for charging etc. to the shelf portion.)

Suggestion: While the dash is out, do the heater core and evaporator in the HVAC box. It's a lot easier when it's all apart like that. Also, now is a good time to do any additional wiring (new speaker wiring; accessory wiring for lights and/or USB ports for charging; etc.)

RwP

Old 07-15-2016, 01:31 PM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

You may want to look at this thread, starting at post 5 https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...le-dakota.html
There are the dash covers as in the above post, but as ralph said, the cover is actually part of the dash. And I dont think the dash is available anywhere other then used, and they all are cracked.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:48 AM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop
And I dont think the dash is available anywhere other then used, and they are almost all cracked.
Fixed that for you.

I've seen a few (VERY few!) that aren't.

They're never in blue, alas ...

RwP

Quick Reply: 93 Dakota top dash pad pulling.